If you witness any armed individual on campus at any time or if an individual is acting in a hostile or aggressive manner, immediately contact Campus Police at 281-476-9128 or 5555 from a campus phone.
- The recommended action is Run, Hide, Fight.
- If it is possible to flee the area safely and avoid danger, do so.
- If flight is impossible, lock all doors and secure yourself in your space and attempt to barricade the door.
- If you can do so safely, get all persons on the floor and out of the line of fire.
- Hide behind or under obstacles and remain silent.
- Attempting to overcome the armed subject with force is a last resort that should only be initiated in the most extreme circumstances.
- Remember, there may be more than one shooter.
- Wait for the “all clear” instructions from uniformed law enforcement authorities.
- Be careful not to make any changes to the scene of the incident as law enforcement authorities will investigate the area later.